Improve the appearance of your body by reshaping it into how you want it to be. You can reduce excess fat and skin through body contouring in New Orleans. Body contouring can give you the smooth physique that you’ve been longing for after a successful weight loss challenge. You can talk to a certified surgeon about how this procedure can help you get the results you want for your body.
How Do You Know If You Are a Candidate For Body Contouring In New Orleans?
So, you are wondering if body contouring is the best procedure for you in New Orleans. Although this procedure can help with improving the shape and tone of your body, there are specific things to consider in knowing if you are a candidate for the procedure. Hopkins Medicine suggests these signs that can tell you are ready for body contouring:
- You have reached your goal weight and you are committed to keeping weight off and maintaining your ideal weight. Body contouring will help you stay in shape when you are already following a healthy, well-balanced diet with regular exercise. It is best to maintain healthy habits even after the body contouring procedure is done to get the body you’ve always dreamed of.
- You have excess skin in certain areas where you don’t want them to be, but with minimal excess fat. So, you have lost weight and the sagging skin is unsightly. Congratulations for working hard and for your dedication to achieving your ideal body weight. Body contouring can help deal with the saggy skin that cannot be removed even with a healthy diet and regular exercise. This can also be a problem with women who have just given birth. So if you have after-pregnancy saggy skin, body contouring can help deal with this issue.
- You have realistic expectations for the results of a body contouring procedure. Although body contouring is a personal decision that you have to make, you should not expect more than what can be achieved. Talk to a board-certified surgeon about the results that you expect and what can happen after the procedure.
Experts also suggest that if you are willing to go through body contouring in New Orleans, you should be a non-smoker. Smoking can affect the healing process after surgery. So, an ideal candidate for body contouring is one who does not smoke.
What is the Procedure for Body Contouring in New Orleans?
Getting a younger, thinner body can be possible through body contouring. The body contouring procedure usually happens in a surgeon’s office or a hospital, depending on the case of the patient. Understand what it takes to get this procedure done, so you can have the body you have dreamed of:
- The site to be operated on will be marked.
- The surgeon will position you on a surgical table and perform safety checks.
- Anesthesia will be administered. You may get either local or general anesthesia, depending on the specific procedure for body contouring that will be done to you.
- The skin on the surgical area will be cleaned and prepared.
- Incisions will be made in your skin according to the procedure.
- Fat tissue will be removed, shaped, or repositioned.
- Excess skin will be trimmed.
- Excess fat will be suctioned out using liposuction or other procedures deemed necessary.
- Incisions will be closed upon completion of the procedure.
- Bandages will be put into place to cover the wound.
These are the steps that would typically be followed during a body contouring procedure, but some may be different depending on the type of body contouring surgery, which includes:
- Inner thigh lift
- Buttock augmentation
These procedures can be done individually or in combination depending on the needs of the patient.
How Does Body Contouring Help in Eliminating Fat Pockets?
Fat pockets usually appear in target areas like the abdomen, thighs, flanks, arms, back, underneath the buttocks, and under the chin. There are nonsurgical body contouring procedures like lipolysis and surgical procedures like liposuction that aim to eliminate fat and shape targeted areas of the body. Fat cells are destroyed by non-surgical body contouring methods, and they can also be surgically removed.
If exercise and proper diet don’t work to help you reduce weight and get rid of extra body fat, you can reduce excess fat and skin through body contouring in New Orleans.