How Can I become a Civil Engineering Draftsperson in Australia?
Civil Engineers are highly in demand in Australia. Qualified overseas engineers can come to Australia through Skilled visas. The Australian Government offers the highest average salaries to civil engineers. An average salary of a Civil Engineering Draftsperson is nearly $1574 per week in Australia.
Australia has always been a great place for civil engineers. You can study the Civil Engineering course to make your career in this field. They’re different fields of Civil Engineering where you can work in Australia.
So, if you want to study the Civil Engineering course in Australia, here’s the complete guide.
Civil Engineering Draftsperson
Civil Engineering Draftsperson is listed on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). This course prepares students to work in different fields of Engineering. In the Civil Engineering course, students learn about advanced technologies. They learn 3D designing and modeling by using the current software.
This course will provide you with advanced technical knowledge and research. It includes production planning and human resourcing for engineering operations. Civil Engineers generally work for mid-size to large construction companies in Australia. They work for mining companies and the government as well.
If you complete this course, you’ll be able to work in different fields of civil engineering. Such as, you can handle civil engineering operations, construction, research, and design. In support of civil engineers and engineers technologists, draftspersons produce detailed drawings. They create plans for work in Australia.
The course duration of the Draftsperson is 24 months. It’s per semester fee starts from $8000. If you want to enroll in a course, you must have a minimum IELTS 6 overall score with no score below 5.5. Furthermore, you must be graduated secondary school with good grades in Mathematics.
Tasks of Civil Engineering Draftsperson
As a Civil Engineering Draftsperson, you’ll make mechanical drawings. You’ll plan, design, sketch, and operate production to assist civil engineers. There’re some other significant tasks and activities of a Draftsperson.
- Assemble and analyze data and execute the computations
- Prepare sketches, charts, tabulations, plans, and projects. It includes sewerage reticulation systems, drainage, water supply, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures
- Conduct and direct fieldwork and laboratory testing
- Interpret work assignment instructions, apply suitable procedures and choose equipment
- Make sure finished works comply with specifications, regulations, and contractual provisions.
- Inspect works, organize and administer maintenance and repair jobs
- Perform field and laboratory tests of construction materials and soils.
- Assemble data for traffic surveys
How to become a Civil Engineer?
You can become a Civil Engineer if you;
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree in Engineering. You can enroll in the course. Students are generally enrolled in these courses based on Year 12. Further, they must meet the requirements of prerequisite subjects such as mathematics, chemistry, and physics.
- Many Australian states require a Professional Engineer’s License to work as a Civil Engineer. You can obtain this license if you’ve a 4 year-experience of practicing as an engineer.
- Civil Engineer may pursue a degree in Masters. As it’ll increase their chances to become a project leader, consultant, or manager.
Outcomes of Civil Engineering Draftsperson
Civil Engineering Draftsperson offers different career pathways. By completing this course, you can become a;
- Technical Officer
- CAD Draftsperson
- Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson
You can secure your future in Australia if you choose to be a draftsperson. You can explore new skills in civil engineering. You’ll get a chance to learn about the Australian workplace and its environment.
Salary of a Civil Engineering Draftsperson
Australia offers a handsome salary package to average, fresh, and experienced civil engineers. An average civil engineer in Australia earns around $107,500 per year or $55.13 per hour. Civil engineers at entry-level positions make up to $90,000 per year. Whereas the highly experienced ones earn nearly $141,432 per year.
If you choose Civil Engineering as a profession in Australia, you can surely secure your future. By studying the Draftsperson course, you can work in different fields. They include,
- Site engineer
- Structural engineer
- Engineering geologist
- Building services engineer
- Environmental consultant
- Quantity Building control surveyor
- Consulting civil engineer
- Contracting surveyor
Civil Engineering Draftsperson is a creative and advantageous field in Australia. Civil engineering has a vast scope in Australia. There’s a variety of job positions where civil engineers can perform their duties. Australia offers the highest average salaries to civil engineers. You’ll give yourself a huge favor if you undertake a course in Australia.