How Much Hair Transplant Cost In India?
Medical tourism is experiencing a spike in India due to the availability of cosmetic surgeries at an affordable rate. One such cosmetic surgery is hair transplantation. Continue reading to know more about the cost of hair transplantation in India.
Factors That Affect The Cost of Hair Transplantation In India
There are a couple of factors that affect the cost of hair transplantation in Delhi or any other city in India. The doctor and the hospital staff provide an estimated cost based on these factors. These factors are explained below.
- The extent of baldness- The doctor first considers the extent of baldness one wants to cover. The more the baldness, the more the cost as more area to be covered. For instance, an individual who needs to cover only a few patches of baldness will have to spend less than someone who has to treat complete baldness. The simple reason for this is that the number of grafts will significantly be higher.
- Number of grafts required- After checking the extent of baldness, the doctor decides the number of grafts required to cover the bald area. The number of grafts is decided on the basis of extent of baldness as well as the type of hair. Moreover, the more number of grafts an individual requires, the more it will cost the patient. Also, the type of hair is a factor to consider while deciding the number of grafts.
- Experience and skills of the surgeon- A highly skilled surgeon who possesses more years of experience and has the required skills with appropriate aesthetic sense tend to have higher consultation fees than those who lack the knowledge or necessary skills. Therefore, choosing a surgeon with necessary qualifications and offers affordable treatment is also important. While choosing a doctor, look for other factors too other than experience- their attitude and behavior towards the patients, patient testimonials, etc,
- Medical Equipment Used- The most advanced technology available for hair transplantation Direct Hair Implantation guarantees fast recovery and better results. However, the latest technique relies on the latest equipment to ensure the best results. Eventually, the total cost increases. During the Direct Hair Implant technique, the doctor depends on a pen-like tool known as Choi for implanting the hair follicles.
- Support Staff and Extra Services – A well-reputed clinic tends to employ people who are compassionate, kind and helpful. These are important virtues to consider as these are the people who assist throughout the procedure.
Cost of Hair Transplantation in Top 12 Cities of India
This is a table explaining the cost of two hair transplantation techniques- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE ) in some major cities of India. The prices mentioned in this table are solely for reference purposes and should not be considered absolute. In order to know the actual expenditure of the hair transplantation, get in touch with the hospital staff of the clinic or hospital.
|City||FUT Cost per graft (in INR)||FUE Cost per graft (in INR)||FUT Cost per 1000 grafts(in INR)||FUE Cost per 1000 grafts (in INR)|
Cost of FUT Hair Transplant Based On Number of Grafts
Here is a table describing the approximate cost of hair transplantation using the Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT). The number of grafts and the approximate cost can give an interested individual a vague idea of the amount they have to spend. The price mentioned here is indicative in nature and not to be considered absolute.
|Number of Grafts||Cost at the rate of one graft for FUT at 25-35 INR|
Cost of FUE Hair Transplant Based On Number of Grafts
Here is a table describing the approximate cost of hair transplantation using the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). The number of grafts and the approximate cost can give an individual a cost estimation of the hair transplantation they have to spend. The prices mentioned here are not absolute and considered for reference only. Contact the hair transplant clinic to know the exact actual expense.
|Number of Grafts||Cost at the rate of one graft for FUT at 30-45 INR|
Cost of DHI Hair Transplant Based On Number of Grafts
Here is a table describing the approximate cost of hair transplantation using the Direct Hair Implantation (DHI). The number of grafts and the approximate cost can give an interested individual a vague idea of the amount they have to spend. The price mentioned here is indicative in nature and not to be considered absolute.
|Number of Grafts||Cost at the rate of one graft for DHI at 100-150 INR|
Cost of Hair Transplantation in India As Compared To Other Countries
Here is a table comparing the cost of hair transplantation in India with those in some of the western parts of the world. The table makes it clear that hair transplantation, irrespective of any technique, is much more affordable in India.
|Country||FUT Technique Cost per graft (in INR)||FUE Technique Cost per graft (in INR)|
The cost of hair transplantation depends on various factors. The cost of Direct hair Implantation is more as compared to other Follicular Unit Transplantation and Follicular Unit Extraction. Although it costs more, this technique advantages over other methods- painless, bloodless, faster recovery, permanent results, more natural-looking results and no need to use special hair products. Therefore, consider DHI over techniques of hair transplantation.