The majority of Android phone applications are downloaded from the Google Play Store. However, Android apps can also be downloaded and installed from third-party sources as an APK file. Although it is simple to install an APK file on Android, setting some settings is required prior to doing so. In order to install the APK file from a third-party source, the first thing you need to do is prepare the settings of your device. Second, on your Android phone, download the APK file. Finally, to install the downloaded APK on your device, open it.
APK: What is it?
Prior to examining how to introduce an APK document on an Android cell phone, how about we see the short portrayal of an APK record:
The Android Package Kit can be abbreviated as an APK. It is the Android OS’s package file format for distributing and installing apps on Android devices. It is comparable to a package installer (PKG) for Mac and a.exe file for Windows PC software installation. Leaked apps that customize your Android experience or other Android apps that are not uploaded to the Google Play Store for any reason can be downloaded using an APK.
An Android app installer file can be obtained by downloading an APK from the internet or from other sources.
Why Utilize an APK?
This task unintentionally installed the application’s APK file on your Android device if you have previously installed an application from the Google Play Store. When you click the green install button, the APK file from the Google Play Store is automatically downloaded to your Android phone and installed for you.
Best places to download APKs
There are a lot of websites that let you download APKs, but make sure you choose one that you can trust. Some APK files may contain dangerous software that could compromise the security of the phone. Always try to avoid installing any app on your device that isn’t available in the Google Play Store.
The user’s review indicates that APKMirror.com, APKPure.com, Aptoide.com, and others are among the most reliable places to download APK files. However, read some user reviews and comments before downloading and installing an APK from any website.
APK Mirror, on the other hand, is one of the most reliable and secure places to download APK files for your device. Although not all websites provide this feature, APKMirror monitors the files to ensure that you do not install any malware other than APK files. APK files can also be downloaded and installed at APKPure. How to Install APK file on Android These websites place a high priority on protecting your device and data so that you can download APK files without worrying about malware or viruses.
How to install an APK on an Android device
Before installing an app from an APK file other than the Google Play Store, we need to make sure that the settings on our Android phone allow us to install third-party apps. You can check it in the setting menu or under the “Security” tab. In most cases, this option allows third-party installations or says to install from unknown sources. However, the more recent Android phone versions differ slightly.
The Settings option may slightly differ depending on the device model or version.
For Android 8 and higher.
Devices other than Samsung:
1. Open the Device Settings on your device.
2. tap the security and privacy tabs.
3. Click on Unknown source installations under the APP INSTALLATION section.
4. Choose the browser you want to use to download the APK files, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
5. Turn on the toggle switch that lets you install apps.
1.Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Tap the Install unknown apps option in Biometrics and Security.
3. Select Samsung Internet, Chrome, or Firefox as the preferred browser for downloading the APK files.
4. Activate the app installation toggle.
For Android versions prior to 8.1.
1. Open the Settings menu on the device.
2. Click the Security icon.
3. Toggle the Unknown sources option in the Device administration section.
Install an Android File Manager
After configuring third-party app installation on an Android device, you must also install a “File Manager” app. It makes it simple to locate your smartphone’s APK file so you can run it to install it. The Google Play Store contains a number of Android File Manager applications. Choose the one you like best and download it. This app will locate the APK file once it is downloaded to your phone.
The simplest method for downloading the APK Installer from your Android device
This is one of the simplest methods for installing an APK file on an Android device.
1. A link to download that particular APK file appears when you locate the best website that provides Android APK files. Put this file on your mobile device. Accept the warning message that says “This kind of file can harm your device” if you see it.
2. To continue, press OK.
3.Open the file manager you installed and navigate to the Downloads folder if your device browser prevents you from opening a file immediately after downloading.
4. To install the downloaded APK, tap on it. If asked, grant the app the necessary permissions to install.
5. When the app is successfully installed and appears in your list of installed apps, you will receive a confirmation.
How to install APK files on your computer
- Visit an Android-specific website, look for APK files, and then download them to your computer.
- Check your Android device to see if third-party app installation is enabled (as discussed above).
- Now, use a USB cable to connect your Android device to your computer.
- When you connect your Android device to a PC, it might ask you if you want to connect to media or file transfer, charge your phone, or both. Select a method of file transfer.
- Find the phone’s folder on your computer. It could be under “My Computer” on Windows or in the name of your phone or PC.
- Transfer the downloaded APK file to your Android device in the folder you selected.
- Find the location of the APK file on your Android device using the file manager application.
- Tap on the APK file to install it once you locate it.
Activity is set up slightly differently on newer Android devices. They provide a feature that allows your browser or file manager to install APK on your device rather than the device setting to allow the installation of APK files from unknown sources.