Picking the right color for space can be quite a difficult task. Picking a paint color for space would mean that you will be living with the color for a few years at least. However, with the number of colors and shades in different palettes available out there, even the best of us can go wrong sometimes.
Imagining what paint color would look like when brushed across an entire wall can be hard sometimes and has the possibility of going wrong. Other factors like the play of light and different interior elements can add to the complexity of choosing the right color. To help you in the process, we have listed down a few of the most common mistakes that people make when choosing the home color and how can they be avoided.
- Picking the paint color first: This is the most common mistake made when choosing the paint color often resulting in a disparity between the walls and the décor. One should always begin by placing the furniture and the décor of the room and then test colors against these elements. This will make sure that the chosen color complements the setting of the room.
- Not testing the color and light play: Most times, a color that looks great in the store may not look as great in your home. Hence, testing the color by painting large areas on different walls of the room is very important. It will give you the look and feel of the color. It will also show you how the light hits it at different points of the day which is a very important aspect.
- Not considering the undertone: Paying attention to the undertone of the walls and matching it to that of the décor and feel of the room is extremely important. Other than sampling colors of the space, compare similar shades with different warm and cool undertones to help is figuring the best choice of color for the space.
- Not paying attention to the paint finish: A lot of times the color of the walls can go wrong or look weird because of the sheen or finish of the paint. It can make or break the entire look of the room. Hence, it is very important to pay attention to the sheen and finish of the paint and test it beforehand to choose the right one for the space.
- Losing sight of the mood of the space: Every area or room has a mood. When designing a room, it is important to keep in mind the kind of mood you are trying to create. When choosing the color for a space, the mood of the space is the most important aspect of the process. This is because colors have an impact on the vibe of the room and tend to affect the way one feels when surrounded by a particular color. Forgetting the mood that you want the room to denote and choosing a color just because it is a favorite of yours is the easiest way to go wrong with the walls of the space.
Avoid these mistakes and it’ll be difficult for you to go wrong with the wall paint color of your home this time. Additionally, make sure you hire professional service providers to help you in the process of selection as well as the execution of the wall painting.
Aapka Painter is a painting service provider that offers end to end painting services including interior painting, exterior painting, wood finishes, metal painting, textures, stencils, wall arts, wallpaper, wall waterproofing, and cleaning services. Aapka Painter has revolutionized the way homes get painted bringing in technology, automation, and service guarantee.