This Coronavirus pandemic has really got us wondering what do with our life but if there is one thing that you are not supposed to neglect in the amidst of all this, it is your work. Considering the alarming situation because of the pandemic these days, people are required to stay at home.
One thing that is keeping us alive in this quarantined time is the Internet, Memes and some other interesting stuff. People who necessarily have a practical job are given paid holidays but those of us who can get our work done anywhere, all we need is internet connection and our laptop.
In this modern world, we have the facility of doing online work at home. However, having a relaxed environment tends to mess up your work routine and motivation level but it is important to get in control of the stuff happening around you and working no matter what. So if you are someone like me, a procrastinator with a perfection complex, this article is for you to sort out your life and get going:
Most of the people who tend to work online are part-timers. They are students who strive to manage their own finances and for that, they have to manage heck lots of work along with their university studies. We all know how difficult the semesters can be in the follow-up week with all the submission deadlines for assignments and presentations. Even in this quarantine time, students have online classes to manage with and everyone is doing the best they can. However you can do much more by following some simple tips.
- The first and the most important thing to do is to prioritize what you need to do first. Now you must be thinking and stressing over the fact that everything is important but the truth is, you cannot do everything all at once.
- Things take time and you need to work with that process. So start by prioritizing your life in general. There are things that need a good part of your time and there are things you don’t have to stress over. Say you have online classes in the morning and work at night, manage your priorities in a way that you do not end up neglecting both of these tasks.
- In order to ensure that you are following a healthy routine, you should make a schedule for your study and your work. If you have 3 classes in the morning and 4 hours’ worth of work in the evening, make sure to effectively follow the schedule.
- This way when you let things play the way they are, you will not overburden yourself. Do not get too worked up in such a manner that you end up doing nothing.
- A good way of going about this time management is to add little breaks while you are doing your work. Say you are a content writer who has a pretty good speed in writing articles, take 10 minutes break after every two articles so that you have time to freshen up. If you feel like you are getting too burdened.
- Increase the time span of break, watch some YouTube videos, listen to songs and eat your proper meals. This will not only give you physical energy but will also give you mental space for relaxation.
- One of the most important things to understand is that you don’t have to take too much work burden in order to feel like you are being productive.
- Lessen the work load by only taking the amount of work you can get done with. This is an important step because if you take too much projects to work on, you will end up frustrated and do nothing at all. Or even if you do, the work quality might not be to the maximum which is a failure in itself. So an important thing to do is, give yourself the breathing space in between the work tasks.
- A good procedure to follow is; do things one by one. This is an important part of managing your work with studies.
- Let’s say you have excessive workload for one day in the week and your assignments can wait, divide those work tasks in sections and get done with it accordingly. Remember, taking too much work all at once will not get you anywhere.
- Many people tend to neglect the importance of organized stuff and cleanliness. If you have a room which is full of unnecessary mess, it will cloud your mind and cause frustration. Organizing your things in an efficient manner solves half of your problems.
- Psychological researches have proven that primary cause of stress during work is because of the mess in the environment.
- Work and studies are an important thing. There is no denial in the fact that all of us believe in achieving the best that we can.
- However, among all of this, we tend to neglect our personal health. We neglect everything around us and it keeps building up inside of us. In order to be able to perform efficiently, it is important to keep our mind relaxed which is why make some of these following things, an essential part of your daily routine:
- Take shower daily
- Go for jogging or a simple walk in the morning or evening, as preferred.
- Eat proper meals at proper time
- Connect with your friends and family no matter how busy you think you are, try to take out time. You can do that by having private social media provided by companies like EE Stone who give you the opportunity of socializing with the people you want to.
- Last but not the least, get good night’s sleep every day. I cannot stress on this enough; your sleep schedule has to be proper if you want to function properly. If you are ignoring your sleep time and working all day or night, you will affect your work performance.